Tuesday 4 September 2012

2 YEARS SINCE OUR BIG EARTHQUAKE

Zzzzzz... The earthquake struck.  My bookshelf fell on me and the light also fell on me as well.  There was a crack through the bedroom.  We walked outside and there were people over at the neighbours because their car lights and alarm was on.   There was a hole in the pipe so we had no water, water was all over the street.  We had to get all new glasses and things for our kitchen.
Ollie.B

In the night I heard my shelf falling down onto my football table.  It was so scary and I was frightened.
Charlie

I remember in the earthquake I got trapped in my room.  Luckily I got out.  It was so freaky.  I thought I would never get out of my room.  It was dark.  My Dad got hurt, I got hurt, my whole family got hurt.
Brielle

Crash! Bang! The bookcase fell over.  When I went to Mum and Dads room the hallway was on a lean.  We couldn't get our cat out of the garage.
Finn







2 comments:

  1. Sad and scary memories room 18. I'm so glad we all survived. Do you remember going to Halswell Residential School.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember hearing about it on the news here in the Uk and thinking how scary it must have been, I'm not sure I would have known what to do. Some interesting insights, thanks for sharing. Mrs Crowther

    ReplyDelete